Sunday 11 November 2012

Who do you serve, and who do you trust?

Who do you serve, and who do you trust?

On Wednesday, I took part in a mission for AMBER. The details are pretty much out there now, although some secrecy was required at the time. For those who don't know, agents were tasked with contacting undercover operatives, and retrieving sensitive information. I did the task and pieces together the clues (literally, in fact) that same night, but was requested to maintain secrecy until Sunday.

One aspect of this that strayed from expectations was a visit from an unexpected element; another agent whose recent actions have been... questionable, but who is apparently still regarded as a trusted member. More has come to light about him, he has even apparently been masquerading as a member of the BBC to gain information on AMBER before the kidnapping that started all this took place. I was fortunate enough to identify him in advance, but unfortunately wasn't able to take as much advantage of this as I'd hoped, only managing to get a short video showing as he passed me a disc.

And this is what intrigues me; an enemy may have tailed me to see where I went, tried to convince me to hand over the package, made me question the validity of what went on, or simply threaten me to drop my involvement... But he passed me new material. This is someone who has been present at one kidnapping, and directly tried to begin another, and his only, premeditated act, faced with someone transporting important data... is to give them more data?

There's more going on here, I'm sure of it. I just wish I was sure what it was. This has seemed like a straightforward matter of AMBER being "good" and TFT being "bad", but perhaps it's not that simple. If nothing else, I'm starting to become convinced there is at least one more player in this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment